Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Blog Review: Vick Dog Blog

I wanted to take a moment to review another dog blog. I immediately found the Vick Dog Blog, which chronicles the life and events of the fighting dogs from Michael Vick's dog fighting circuit.

Although the subject is very serious, I was so pleased to find that someone was taking the time to explain what happened to those dogs. Obviously the Michael Vick dog fighting case created a huge media storm, but very little attention was paid to what actually happened to the dogs once they were rescued. Most of the dogs have attended some sort of obedience or behavioral school. All of them are socialized with other dogs and people, and one is even a therapy dog.

I also liked how the blog was "written" by 11 survivor dogs. It may seem a little corny, yet it adds a personal and emotional touch to a very serious topic. Although the writing is certainly conversational, it borders on too informal.

The posts also include photos, external links and even videos. One post had a series of photos with though bubbles so it looked like a comic strip. I also liked the photos of each of the "dog writers." Once again, this adds a personal touch to the entire blog.

I would suggest the writers start mixing up some of the posts by writing as humans or maybe even writing about other cases of dog abuse that was not the Michael Vick one.

Overall though I thought the blog was really interesting and it gave me some ideas for my own blog--like adding some more photos of dogs and perhaps adding a blog post about dog abuse.

No comments:

Post a Comment